Web.com Helps Small and Medium-Sized Businesses Sell More Online by Expanding eCommerce OfferingsApril 15, 2010
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., April 15, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Every online retailer knows that when it comes to eCommerce, one size does not fit all, which is why Web.com (Nasdaq:WWWW), a leading provider of online marketing for small and medium-sized businesses, is introducing a breakthrough line of eCommerce products designed to help its customers reach more online shoppers and increase their online sales.
The products integrate best-in-class eCommerce shopping cart features and SSL certificates with online marketing tools such as email marketing, affiliate program management, custom domain names and built-in search engine optimization. In addition, the products are PCI (Payment Card Industry) certified and compliant, which means they adhere to the highest standards established by the PCI Security Standards Council to protect consumers from cardholder fraud or data theft.
"With record levels of consumers shopping online, we saw an opportunity to give our customers access to secure, uniquely bundled eCommerce products that integrate our proven online marketing tools," said David Brown, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Web.com. "The 2009 statistics are telling for small and medium-sized businesses: eCommerce accounted for approximately 10 percent of all U.S. retail sales, up from 6 percent in 2008 — and holiday shoppers spent $29 billion online, a 4-percent increase over the holiday season in 2008.* With our expanded eCommerce product line, we're continuing to help small and medium-sized businesses succeed in the online marketplace, which we've been doing for more than 13 years."
The three new products are designed to provide just the right mix of eCommerce shopping cart solutions and online exposure for merchants — at any stage in their lifecycle. eCommerce Express features basic eCommerce functionality, eCommerce Standard includes eCommerce and online marketing tools, and eCommerce Pro offers a full-featured solution with the ability to sell unlimited products.
Web.com's expanded product line is a breakthrough in eCommerce because it offers the highest level of security and the most robust combination of features available, including:
- Shopping cart that allows you to display your products in a storefront
- Professionally designed, contemporary templates that you can customize for your business
- Integrated email marketing, which allows you to tailor autoresponders and other emails based on your customers' preferences
- Affiliate program management tool that's integrated with your store and automates volume and payment reporting
- Advanced upsell features that include coupons, ad tracking and in-line product upsells, providing an additional revenue generator following a customer's initial purchase
- Automated product submissions to comparison shopping sites (product search engines), which keeps your products in front of online shoppers day in and day out
- Checkout process that's integrated with your store and customizable for your product line
- Capability for selling both physical and digital products online
- Accurate, real-time shipping and tax calculation that takes the guesswork out of the process
- Integration with more than 50 payment solutions, including all major credit cards and PayPal™
- Comprehensive management and reporting tools for products, orders and customers
Businesses that are interested in adding eCommerce capabilities or enhancing their current online strategies should call 1-800-GET-SITE (438-7483) or visit www.web.com/ecommerce.
Web.com Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:WWWW) is a leading provider of online marketing for small and medium-sized businesses. Web.com meets the needs of small and medium-sized businesses anywhere along their lifecycle by offering a full range of online services and support, including website design, logo design, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, local sales leads, general contractor leads, franchise and homeowner association websites, shopping cart software, eCommerce website design and call center services. For more information about the company, please visit www.web.com or call 1-800-GET-SITE (438-7483).
*Statistics from January 2010 comScore, Inc., and December 2009 Forrester Research, Inc.
CONTACT: Web.com Roseann Duran 904-680-6976 RDuran@web.com
(C) Copyright 2010 GlobeNewswire, Inc. All rights reserved.