5 Lead Generation Tips for Your Business to TryRieva Lesonsky
One of the secrets to success as a small business owner is getting more leads. After all, the more leads you have, the better your chances of converting some of those leads to customers. If you've made a New Year’s resolution to make 2018 the year you really crush it at lead generation, here are some tips to try.
- Tap into your satisfied client base for lead generation. Shortly after the sale is generally an ideal time to ask your customers for referrals (give them enough time to make sure they’re happy with what you sold them). However, even if it's been a while since they did business with you, satisfied customers are likely to remember your company. Touch base with previous customers (assuming you have their permission, of course) to see if they know anyone who may be interested in buying your products or services.
- Get listed on local search directories. If your business caters to local customers, this step is key! You need to make sure that when local prospects search online for what you sell or for businesses like yours, your listing comes up in their online search results. With so many online search directories out there, it can take time to maintain and maximize your listings. Using a tool such as Lead Stream can help ensure your listings display to your ideal customers.
- Use paid search advertising. You can boost the results of your local search listings by investing in paid search advertising. One of the great things about paid search advertising is that you get immediate feedback on what’s working and what isn’t, so you can keep fine-tuning your ads for greater and greater success. If you don’t have time to spend doing that, Lead Stream can help. Lead Stream finds the most valuable keywords for your needs, places your ads on top search engines, and continuously optimizes your ads based on past results.
- Keep your website up-to-date. Regularly adding new content on your website gets search engines to pay more attention. It also keeps site visitors interested. Change up your website home page at least once a month with new images, offers, customer testimonials or blog posts. Be sure to use the keywords you want to rank for in your copy, headlines and tags.
- Offer valuable content to attract more leads. Think about questions your customers frequently have that you can answer. Then create some "evergreen" content they can benefit from. For example, a home remodeling company could create a list of “7 Questions to Ask Before You Choose a Contractor.” An auto repair business could share “10 Tips to Keep Your Car Running Longer.” Share links to your content on social media. If the content is valuable enough, you can even require site visitors to share their contact information in order to access it.
Photo by RawPixel on Unsplash