Whether you sell to consumers or to businesses, if you're not using lead generation software, you could be wasting a lot of time. What is lead generation software, and how can it help your business? Here's a closer look.
What does lead generation software do?
In the old days, B2B salespeople generated leads by making cold calls or sending sales letters; B2C companies generated leads by advertising on TV, on the radio and in print publications. Today, however, lead generation has moved to the web, since most searches for products and services begin online. That's where lead generation software comes in.
Lead generation software automates the process of attracting leads online and gathering information about them so you can stay in contact. Some programs integrate with your existing CRM program; others incorporate their own lead nurturing tools.
Who uses lead generation software?
Lead generation software is great for both B2B companies and B2C companies. In fact, chances are your competition is already using it. In a GetApp survey that included both B2B and B2C companies, more than half (57%) of survey respondents say they use lead generation software.
How can lead generation software help your business?
Lead generation software can:
- Help you generate more leads. A good lead generation tool will attract more users to your website, using tactics such as organic search engine optimization and paid search advertising. (Read more about what to do if you aren't generating enough leads.)
- Help you generate better quality leads. Generating high-quality leads is one of the top challenges for businesses of all sizes. Lead generation software enables you to target your ideal customers, so more of your leads are closer to making a purchase. (Here are some other lead generation tips to try.)
- Help you close the sale faster. As a small business owner, your time is precious. By automating the process of generating, segmenting and following up with leads, lead generation software accelerates the entire sales process.
- Help you manage leads better. Following up with leads at the right time is critical — but the more leads you get, the harder it is to keep track of them all. Lead generation software ensures you never drop the ball, reducing lead management mistakes. It alerts you when you get new leads, automates emails to leads, and reminds you when it's time to reach out to leads in person.
- Help eliminate busywork and increase accuracy. Did you know that every half hour, 120 businesses move to a new location, 75 phone numbers change and 20 CEOs change jobs? Keeping up with your leads' changing contact information can be a job in itself. Lead generation software handles that chore, so your lead information is more accurate and you and your team can spend less time inputting data and more time actually selling.
Does lead generation software sound like a good addition to your business’s marketing and sales strategy? Check out Lead Stream's lead generation software, designed for small businesses.
Photo by rawpixel.com on Unsplash