5 Things Successful Inbound Marketing Programs DoKaren Axelton
Is your inbound marketing program working for your B2B business? If not, you’re not alone. In a recent survey, only about one-fourth of B2B companies report their inbound marketing efforts are “very successful.” Clearly, there’s a lot of room for improvement. So what tactics do the most successful inbound marketers have in common?
- They focus on the basics. Creating new and relevant marketing content is the most effective inbound marketing tactic, cited by two-thirds of marketers in the survey.
- They help customers find their content. It doesn’t matter how great your content is if no one finds it. No wonder SEO is ranked as an effective inbound marketing tactic by 54 percent of respondents.
- They integrate a variety of tactics. Successful inbound marketing programs don’t use one or two tactics. Instead, they integrate a variety of inbound marketing efforts. Survey respondents say that social media (34 percent), website design optimization (30 percent) and blogging or guest blogging (30 percent) are also valuable inbound marketing methods. Another smart move: Use shareable, social and searchable content in your email marketing programs. It’s widely cited as effective, yet fewer than one-fourth of marketers are currently doing it.
- They’re willing to put in hard work...While content creation was the most effective tactic cited for inbound marketing, marketers in the survey admit that it’s also the most difficult. Don’t give up.
- ...Or they’re willing to outsource it. Only about four in 10 survey respondents handle all of their inbound marketing in-house. If you don’t have the resources or know-how to do it yourself, consider outsourcing some or all of your inbound marketing to the experts.
Want more assistance growing your business online? Join the Web.com Small Business Forum for free access to our library of ebooks, the latest industry news and support from other business owners, entrepreneurs and working professionals. Join a Group to ask questions, share your opinions and grow your network! Visit Web.com to learn about our full range of affordable website design and online marketing services.
Karen Axelton is Chief Content Officer of GrowBiz Media, a media company that helps entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. Visit her company’s blog at SmallBizDaily.com.