Want A High Performance Small Biz Sales Team? Learn Analytics NowRieva Lesonsky
- 33% of high-performing small business service teams are already using predictive analytics.
- 34% percent of small business marketers identify as heavy tech adopters.
- Small business sales teams’ mobile app use will grow by 140% in the next two years.
- Growth in marketing automation among small businesses will jump 143% within 12 months.
These and other insights are from the Salesforce Research’s latest report, Benchmarks for Small Business Growth (free, opt-in, 22 pp.). Interviews and surveys with 3,812 full-time global sales, service, and marketing leaders from small businesses based in the U.S., Canada, Brazil, U.K., France, Germany, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand form the foundation of the study. Salesforce defines small businesses as those between one with 100 employees. For a description of the methodology, please see page 2 of the study. While many software vendors routinely produce research surveys, Salesforce provides an impartial view of small businesses’ adoption of technologies to deliver greater customer experiences.
The study revealed six major themes among small businesses. These include how pervasively mobile apps are used to boost productivity in small businesses; reliance on data and analytics to drive customer-centric decisions; teams scale with automation, social, and mobile marketing; talent retention is a priority; quick tech adoption lends a competitive edge, and customer experience is a company-wide focus.
Key take-aways from the study include the following:
- High-performance small business sales teams are 2.2x more likely to be using sales predictive analytics. The study also found that top small business service teams are likewise 2.2x more likely to be using predictive analytics to drive their business success. Salesforce Research found that small businesses expect 181% growth in sales teams using predictive analytics over the next 12 – 18 months.
- High performing small business sales teams are 1.3X more likely to use analytics. 53% of high-performance sales teams are already using analytics, compared to 42% of their moderate and underperforming counterparts. Based on my personal experiences in a small technology company, sales teams who rely on analytics can more successfully develop Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) to Sales Qualified Leads (SQL) when combined with insights gained from successful marketing automation campaigns.
- High performing sales teams also excel at partner/customer or prospect collaboration (73%), field sales channel delivery (71%), and e-mail response management. The following comparison provides insights into high performing sales teams versus their moderate and underperforming counterparts. Omni-channel sales interactions are what differentiate the highest performing sales teams from their lower-performing counterparts by a 2.1x margin.
- 54% small business marketers say mobile apps are a critical or very important technology for creating a cohesive customer journey. The survey defined mobile marketing as including SMS, push notifications, mobile apps, and location-based marketing. The following graphic provides an overview of small business marketer’s effectiveness ratings for mobile marketing strategies.
- Mobile Apps adoption is predicted to grow 140% in the next two years as small businesses pursue the goal of delivering exceptional customer experiences. Salesforce Research found that high performing small business sales teams are nearly twice as likely to be using mobile apps to stay connected with customers, their expectations and needs. Small business use of mobile apps to assist customer service roles will increase 219% in the next two years.
- 67% of small business marketers who use marketing automation rate it as very effective or effective. Although only 20% of small business marketers currently use marketing automation, another 29% planned to use it in the next 12 months, demonstrating 143% growth. Also, 62% of small business marketers plan to increase spending on marketing automation substantially or somewhat.
Please click on the “following” button to get every new blog post as soon as its goes live.