If you’ve recently purchased a new phone or computer, you might be wondering how to set up an email account on your new gadget. Find the step-by-step instructions you need to get your emails rolling again on a Mac, PC, Apple or Android device below.
5. A panel will pop up like in the screenshot below. Click the “gear” icon in the upper right-hand corner of that panel.
6. Clicking the gear symbol will open up the email settings for your Android device. Right below your existing email account (or on its own, if you haven’t set up an email account on your device yet) you’ll see an option to “Add account.”
Click the green plus sign next to “Add account.”
7. Enter your new email address and the password in the next window.
8. Next you’ll be asked whether you want to set up a “POP3 account” or an “IMAP account.” Choose whichever option your email account provider recommends in their instructions for how to set up your email account.
9. Fill out the “Server Settings” page according to the instructions from your email account provider.
10. Click “Next” in the lower right-hand corner of your screen after you’ve completed the server settings.
You should see a message that your email account is now set up. To finalize the setup, name your new account (so you can easily identify it if you manage multiple email accounts from the same device). Then add your name. What you enter in the second field (in the screenshot below) will be the “from” name people will see when you send them an email.
11. Once you click “Done” in the bottom right-hand corner, you’ll be brought to the inbox of your newly-set up email account. If you had any emails in your account, they’ll populate into your inbox. You should now be able to send and receive emails from your added email address.
1. Go to the “Settings” icon on your iPhone. Scroll down through the options until you find the option “Passwords & Accounts.” Click on it.
2. In the next screen, click “Add Account.”
3. Next you’ll be shown a screen with all the major email providers. If you see the company you created your email address with, select that option. If you don’t see the company where you created your email address, click “Other.”
4. This example shows the set up for adding an account from another email provider not listed in the menu on the last screen. If you select “Other” from that menu, you’ll see something like the screen below. Click “Add Mail Account” to continue setting up your new email account on your iPhone or mobile Apple device (like iPads and iPad minis).
5. In the next screen you’ll be asked to enter your name, the email address you want to set up on your iPhone/iPad, the password you set up for your email address, and a description of the email account you’re adding.
Here’s what the fields will look like (without the blurring we’ve added for privacy) when they are filled out.
6. After you’ve entered the information and clicked “Next” in the upper right-hand corner of your device’s screen, you’ll be brought to a screen like the one below. Choose IMAP or POP3 on this screen.
7. We’re using a POP (aka POP3) setup for this example. Here’s what the POP3 server setting look like (without the blurring) once they’ve been filled out. Again – check with the company where you originally created your email address for the specific settings you’ll need for this page.
Click “Save” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen once you’ve added the settings for your email account.
8. You will now be able to see your newly-added email account, and send and receive emails. To see your new account, click on the “Email” icon on your phone. It looks like this:
Then select “Mailboxes.” You should see your newly-set up email address in the list of mailboxes, like this:
You can also see your email account in your Settings > Password & Accounts screen.
1. Launch Mac Mail and go to the “Add Account…” option in the “Mail” pull-down menu.
2. A screen will open and let you choose from among the most popular email providers. If you see the service/company where you created your email address, choose that. If you don’t, choose “Other Mail Account…”
3. Enter your Name, Email Address, and the password to your email account in the next screen (if you chose “Other Mail Account” in the prior screen).
4. In the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter the settings for your email account’s server settings. You can get this information from the company/service where you created your email address.
Here’s an example of what those server settings look like once they’ve been entered.
5. Finally, choose the Apple apps you want to use with your newly-set up email account.
6. Once you’ve clicked “Done,” your new email account is set up. You can access it by scrolling down through the left pane (the one that has “Smart Mailboxes” in it in the screenshot above). Your email account will be at the bottom of that left pane.
1. Launch the Mail App in Windows 10.
2. Go to “Settings” > “Accounts.”
3. Click “Add Account.”
4. Next you’ll be asked to choose which provider/company you used to create your email address. If you see that company among the options, choose it. In this example, we’ll be adding a Gmail address.
Note: If the company/service where you created your email account is not listed here, choose “Other account” from the list. In the following setup screens, you’ll be asked to enter the email server settings for the email address you want to set up in Windows 10. Check with the company/service where you created your email address for what you should enter for the server settings.
5. If you’re setting up a Gmail address, Google will send a verification code to either your mobile device or to your primary Gmail inbox. Add the verification code from that message to the next screen.
6. Click “Accept” on the next screen, and you’re done. Your Gmail address will be added to Windows 10, and you’ll be able to send and receive email messages for your Gmail email account from within the Windows 10 Mail app.
That’s it, you did! Now it’s time to tackle that inbox.