How to Add and Change a Trusted Phone Number
As we adapt to an increasingly digital world, safeguarding our online identities has become more critical. One of the most effective ways to do this is through 2-Step Verification. One of the most common methods of 2-Step Verification is using a trusted phone. A trusted phone is a phone number tied to your account and can be used to receive a verification code during the login process.
When communicating with Customer Support, you can still use your trusted phone number as your backup method for account verification if you have already enabled 2-Step Verification during initial setup.
In this article, we will discuss:
- Log in to your Account Manager by going to https://www.web.com/my-account/login.
- On the upper right side of the page, click the person icon.
- Click My Profile on the menu.
- In the Security section, click CHANGE next to Trusted Phone.
- Enter your password to confirm it is you, then click CONFIRM.
- Check the box to acknowledge the risk of changing your trusted phone number, then click DISABLE.
- Enter the trusted phone number, then click NEXT.
- After entering the verification code texted to your phone, click VERIFY.
Your Trusted Phone was successfully updated!
Listed below are countries currently not supported to set up Trusted Phone Number.
|Saint Kitts and Nevis
|Saint Martin French
|Saint Pierre and Miquelon
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
|Antigua and Barbuda
|Micronesia (Federated States of)
|Sao Tome and Principe
|Holy See (Vatican City State)
|British Indian Ocean Territory
|Iran (Islamic Republic of)
|Central African Republic
|Northern Mariana Islands
|Syrian Arab Republic
|Timor-Leste (East Timor)
|Palestinian Territory (Occupied)
|Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
|Papua New Guinea
|Turks and Caicos Islands
|Democratic Republic of the Congo
|Lao People's Democratic Republic
|Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
|Virgin Islands British
|Virgin Islands US
|Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
|Wallis and Futuna Islands