Marketing Hub: How to Connect Google
Google My Business is a tool that aids in improving your local search ranking and helps get more customers with a more robust profile. Add store hours, additional categories, or a description of your business. Think of Google My Business as Google's version of Yelp. It appears in all search results and advertisements that the search engine displays to those looking for local products and services.
In this article, we will discuss:
- Accessing SocialBooster
- Requirement for Activating Google My Business
- Setting up Google Business Listing
Follow the steps below to access SocialBooster.
- Once inside your Ecommerce account, click Marketing on the left menu, then select SocialBooster.
You will automatically be taken to your SocialBooster Dashboard, where you do social marketing tasks to build your audience and keep them engaged.
You tell Google all information about your business, and they make sure consumers find it. You will need the following requirements to enable and use Google My Business:
- A Google Workspace Business or Gmail account
- A published website
- A domain connected to your website
- A US or Canadian business address
Once you meet all the requirements, you may start setting up Google My Business from your SocialBooster page.
- Within your SocialBooster Dashboard, click the Let's get started! button.
- Next, click the Connect Google button.
- On the next page, click Get Listed.
- Next, click the Connect Account, and you will be asked to log in or choose which email you would like to associate as the business manager.
- You must agree to link your email to the Google business listing service and grant access. Click Continue to proceed.
- You will be given the option to Create New Listing or Connect an Existing Location with your email on the following page.
- Once you have connected your Google Account, click Add Name to add your business information.
- Enter your company name, then click Continue.
- Select the category in which your company works and click Continue.
- On the next page, choose the type of business location you operate. Do you have a store for people to visit, service a specific location, or do you have both? You will want to select the type that best reflects your business.
- Next, type the address of your company and/or the location(s) where your service is offered.
- You will then be taken through Google's business verification system and processed once your business information is submitted. They will ask you to verify with a text code, phone call, email, or postcard mail.
Note: For more verification information, you can refer to Google's help article: How to verify your business on Google.
- Congratulations! After the setup process, you are ready to manage posts and engage with your customer.