New Account Setup Guide
You purchased your new products and created your new account. Now what? We will guide you through setting up your new account and what to do next.
In this article:
- Accessing Your Account
- Take a Tour of Your Account Manager
- Set Up Your Account Security
- Manage Payments and Renewals
- Add and Manage Contacts
- Next Steps
Before setting up your account, you need to log in. Use the following steps to log in to your account.
- Visit the Web.com website.
- Click Log In in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Enter your username and password and click Next.
- If you’re having trouble logging in, visit I Forgot the User ID or Password for My Account.
Account security is vital to protecting your business and personal information. You can add a trusted phone number to your account, set up a pin, and add 2-step verification (also called multi-factor verification) to ensure only those with permission can access your account.
Once you have logged in to your new account, click the link to tour your new account manager. Visit the New Account Manager Homepage Guide for more information.
Once your account is secure, you can check your billing information. You want to check that your credit cards and renewal information are correct. It is best to have the automatic renewal turned on to prevent interruptions with your products or services.
You can create a profile and assign roles to anyone who needs access to your account. This will allow others to help you manage only the areas of the account that they need access to. You can also manage the contact information showing publicly in the WHOIS database.
- How Do I Add or Edit Account Contacts?
- How Do I Manage My Domain Contacts or WHOIS Information?
- ICANN Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you’ve set up your account, it’s time to get started with your products and services. Below are common next steps to get you up and running.
Set Up Your Domain Names
Get help with items such as domain privacy, website forwarding (forward your domains to the primary domain name), or domain locks.
- How Do I Set Up and Manage My Domain?
- How Do I Manage DNS and Advanced DNS?
- Transfer Your Domain In
- Web Forwarding
No action is needed if you purchased your domain as part of a website package! Your domain name will be automatically assigned to your website builder.
Start Building Your Website
It’s time to build your website!
- Get Started with Ecommerce or DIY Website Builder
- Get Started with Web Hosting Packages
- Get Started with WordPress
Establish Security for Your Website
Keeping your website safe is vital to its success.
- Getting Started with CodeGuard
- Getting Started with SiteLock
- How Do I Get Started with an SSL Certificate?
Create Your Email Addresses
Create your new email addresses.
- Cloud Mail Resource Page
- Getting Started with Google Workspace
- How to Create and Manage a Mailbox
- How Do I Get Started with POP3 and IMAP?
Begin Marketing Your Business
Help potential customers find your website.
- Business Directory
- Business Directory with Review Management
- Get Started with Marketing Hub
- Get Started with MySchedulr
- How Do I Research and Select SEO Keywords to Add to My Website Copy?
- Simple Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Why is SEO Important to My Website?
If you need to learn how to purchase new products, see the video below.