How to Create a Free Business Website
Web.com gives you the tools to create a free business website without paying for expensive themes or custom Web design. Our templates are easy to use and personalize, and you can publish your website within hours.
Choose a Free Template
Our comprehensive, exclusive template library contains over 2,500 designs for business websites. Each template has a clean, professional layout and an easy-to-follow, drag-and-drop design:
- Wide range of colors. Our template library has site designs of almost any imaginable color. You can choose a color palette to match your logo, or you can choose a simple black-and-white design.
- Clear navigation. Our template menus automatically link to the About, contact, and location pages. Your visitors can also navigate to additional pages, and they can return to your home page from any part of your site.
- Beautiful images. Choose from multiple options for showcasing images of your business or your products. You can also choose from our high-resolution stock image library to add high-quality photography to your site.
- Effective copy. Write your own SEO and marketing copy, or personalize copy from our content sample library. You have complete flexibility to create copy, test it, and change it after you publish.
- Branding. Add your logo, contact information, and social media links to your site. Make it easy for customers to recognize your brand and find you wherever you are online.
Select a Hosting Plan
Once you create a free business website, you’ll need a place to host it. Web.com offers storage options for all your Web pages, images, videos, and other important files.
In addition to basic monthly hosting plans, take advantage of our premium marketing and ecommerce plans. Our marketing services include:
- Business listings. List your new small-business website with Google My Business, Bing Places, and Yahoo Local as well as in the online directories your customers use most.
- Search engine optimization (SEO). Get found on Google, Bing, and Yahoo by optimizing your website’s code, copy, and on-page elements for search engines. Build natural links from external websites back to your website to improve your rankings.
- Pay-per-click advertising. Web.com is a Premium Google AdWords partner offering PPC research, design, and tracking. After you create a free business website, use PPC to drive traffic back to your pages.
- Facebook followers and likes. Let Web.com build your Facebook audience to drive even more traffic to your website.
- Local leads. Connect with people searching for services or products like yours within yourgeographic area.
In addition to our library of free basic templates, we offer free website builders for ecommerce. Display your products online, process transactions securely, and track sales within one system.
Publish Your Website and Start Marketing Online
Ninety-seven percent of today’s customers search for local products and services online before contacting a business or making a purchase. Also, most of your customers use their mobile devices to search for your phone number or get directions to our business. If they can’t find your small-business website online, they’ll look for someone else.
Within hours of getting started, your Web.com small-business website will be ready to share. You can promote it in your store, via email marketing, and in all of your print materials.
Even when you’ve closed your business for the day, your website keeps working around the clock. Instead of depending on local advertising to find customers, you’ll have the opportunity to attract customers from all over the world.