Transfer your domain name
Make the switch today for only $9.99† and get a complimentary 1 year extension
I’d like a new domain insteadFIND YOUR DOMAIN
†$9.99 service fee is non-refundable and applies to each domain name requested to transfer. Web.com does not guarantee the transfer through this service. $9.99/year domains with 1-Year term applies to domain extensions supported for online transfer only. For transfers successfully completed within 90 days of the purchase date, 1 year will be added to the domain name term at no additional cost. Discounts on additional renewal years added at the time of the transfer request are available for 1, 2, 4, and 8 year terms. Special discounted per year pricing is reflected in shopping cart total. Upon expiration, all domains will be renewed at the then current price. This service auto-renews. To cancel, contact us at 1-800-862-8921 before the end of the first billing cycle to avoid renewal.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a domain name transfer?
A domain name transfer is the process of moving your domain from its current registrar to a new registrar. After you’ve entered the domain(s) you want to transfer and submitted your payment info at checkout, simply authorize and accept to complete the transfer.
Thinking about a Web.com domain transfer?
Whether you have one domain name or a hundred, we make the transfer process easy, fast and safe. Our online dashboard helps you keep track of your domain(s) and web services, and we’re always here if you need technical support.
Once your domain name is transferred to Web.com, you’ll have all the tools you need to manage it with ease. From creating sub-domains and adding new hosts to changing your IP address and more, you decide how your domains work for you.
Keeping your domains safe is our top priority. We protect your domains from unauthorized transfers, and our auto-renew feature ensures your domain names remain yours.
How do I transfer a domain name to Web.com?
The following steps are generally the same for most domain names:
1. Make sure your domain was registered or transferred more than 60 days ago
2. Remove any locks or security settings at the current registrar
3. Request an authorization code from your current registrar
4. Change your domain privacy settings to public
5. After initiating the transfer, check whether you have access to the email address associated with your domain name Note: To avoid complications, you may want to confirm your domain name is not expiring within the next 15 days.
1. Start transferring your domain to Web.com
2. Purchase a domain transfer on the Web.com website
3. Log in to the Account Manager to enter your authorization code
Check the admin email address associated with your domain name for the authorization emails from your current registrar.