A domain name transfer is the process of moving your domain from its current registrar to a new registrar. After you’ve entered the domain(s) you want to transfer and submitted your payment info at checkout, simply authorize and accept to complete the transfer.
Whether you have one domain name or a hundred, we make the transfer process easy, fast and safe. Our online dashboard helps you keep track of your domain(s) and web services, and we’re always here if you need technical support.
Once your domain name is transferred to Web.com, you’ll have all the tools you need to manage it with ease. From creating sub-domains and adding new hosts to changing your IP address and more, you decide how your domains work for you.
Keeping your domains safe is our top priority. We protect your domains from unauthorized transfers, and our auto-renew feature ensures your domain names remain yours.
Start by preparing your domain name for transfer with its current registrar. Depending on your registrar, the transfer process can range from 30 minutes to 8 days.
The following steps are generally the same for most domain names:
1. Make sure your domain was registered or transferred more than 60 days ago
2. Remove any locks or security settings at the current registrar
3. Request an authorization code from your current registrar
4. Change your domain privacy settings to public
5. After initiating the transfer, check whether you have access to the email address associated with your domain name Note: To avoid complications, you may want to confirm your domain name is not expiring within the next 15 days.
1. Start transferring your domain to Web.com
2. Purchase a domain transfer on the Web.com website
3. Log in to the Account Manager to enter your authorization code
Check the admin email address associated with your domain name for the authorization emails from your current registrar.